The purpose of the group is to facilitate patients
and the practice staff working together to share ideas to help improve
the services offered at the practice in addition to sourcing out
any local community services that would help enhance aspects of
the patient's lives.
The group will also have the responsibility of helping
patients to take more responsibility for their own health, the group
also offers an avenue for patients to have a say in how services
are are planned, developed and evaluated to foster a good working
relationship with the practice staff and GP's.
During the Coronavirus pandemic, the PPG meetings
are currently cancelled, but we are still asking patient's for their
feedback based on their experiences that they have encountered during
the pandemic when booking appointments and the care that they have
received after their appointments.
- Help improve on the experience of attending the surgery
- Help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Helps bring the attention of practice staff, the practice perspective
of the level and standard of the services provided
- Acts as a channel is communicating to patients;
- How changes in the NHS will affect service
- Information on the help available, support groups and networks
- Helps patients understand more about the medical conditions/problems
- Helps improve patients overall experience of the practice
The group will will consist of;
- Chair Person
- Treasurer (if fundraising is involved)
- Carer (s)
- Group members (patients from across the surgery representing
the practice population)
- Practice Manager
The group will not deal with personal medical
issues of individual patient complaints as there is already an existing
procedure to handle such matters.
The patient participation group's effectiveness
is engineering the mutual working together of both patients and
the practice staff to achieve a common goal in the provision of
the best possible service.
To achieve this end will require patients communicating with the
group and practice staff as a whole.
PATIENT PARTICIPATION GROUP MEETING
Our next PPG meeting
will be arranged in a few months time.