The purpose of the group is to facilitate patients
and the practice staff working together to share ideas to help improve
the services offered at the practice in addition to sourcing out
any local community services that would help enhance aspects of
the patient's lives.
The group will also have the responsibility of helping
patients to take more responsibility for their own health, the group
also offers an avenue for patients to have a say in how services
are are planned, developed and evaluated to foster a good working
relationship with the practice staff and GP's.
- Help improve on the experience of attending the surgery
- Help the practice decide on overall service priorities
- Helps bring the attention of practice staff, the practice perspective
of the level and standard of the services provided
- Acts as a channel is communicating to patients;
- How changes in the NHS will affect service
- Information on the help available, support groups and networks
- Helps patients understand more about the medical conditions/problems
- Helps improve patients overall experience of the practice
The group will will consist of;
- Chair Person
- Treasurer (if fundraising is involved)
- Carer (s)
- Group members (patients from across the surgery representing
the practice population)
- Practice Manager
The group will not deal with personal medical
issues of individual patient complaints as there is already an existing
procedure to handle such matters.
The patient participation group's effectiveness
is engineering the mutual working together of both patients and
the practice staff to achieve a common goal in the provision of
the best possible service.
To achieve this end will require patients communicating with the
group and practice staff as a whole.
If you are happy for us to contact you occasionally by email, please
click the link below to open the sign-up form and complete all the
fields to also register with our patient participation group.
the Online Patient Participation Group Sign-up Form
Please leave your views either by;
We will be in touch shorlty, after we receive your
form. Please note that no medical information or questions will
be responded to.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Alternatively, add your views and comments please
visit our page on;
more information contact Debra Garey on 020 8539 2858
for the NHS has a legal duty to keep information about you confidential.
We understand how important
it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take
this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal
information is looked after in the best possible way and we review
Please read our GDPR
about how we use the personal and healthcare information we collect
on your behalf.
Website statement updated on Wednesday
3rd July 2019, next review date on Friday 3rd July 2020